Monday, April 11, 2011

Vanity....what a curse!!

     I have been vain all my life, I think.  When I was a teenager, probably around 15, I used to put a "tint" on my hair.  It was so exciting when a few friends would get together and do each others hair.  Giggling, outright laughing, and we couldn't wait for the next day at school to show off.  The things I have tried to be beautiful.  I remember going to a birthday party for a boy that I thought was sooo cute.  I wanted to get my teeth shiny so I put clear fingernail polish on them.  All evening I kept my smile on, and kept checking in the mirror to make sure it wasn't flaking off.  What a idiot.  Even at my age I want to look good.  I can't do anything about the sagging and wrinkling but I try to keep my hair dyed especially the roots.  That's what I was doing today when I found out the City maintenance workers had shut off the water, to fix something.  Oh crap..now what was I going to do.  If I leave the dye on and try to wait for the water to come back on, my hair might fall out.  Well,  I sent my wonderful husband to the store to buy 3 gallons of water.  He had to heat  it up a little and then everything went perfectly.  I'm now a happy camper!!

3 comments:

Author said...

This is an awesome story! I laughed the entire time.

Kellie Roring said...

Mom you are the cutest!! I love your writing!

Unknown said...

Ha Ha ha! I love your blog. I didn't even know you had one going, but I'm so glad to do! Brings a smile to my face knowing you are truly happy with life. I love you!