Friday, July 15, 2011

Wonderful Fresh Feeling...

     What a good feeling to get rid of the clutter.  My youngest daughter and a friend are having a yard sale today and tomorrow.  I asked if I could contribute.  Yesterday I uncluttered my bookshelf in my bedroom.  I filled three boxes with books that I have read and liked very much.  It's a good feeling to provide great reading material.  My books are varied, from mysteries to books about Aliens; from scientific to religious.  I borrowed a book from my other daughter, it's a love story (second one in a collection of six), which I usually don't enjoy but I love this particular story.  It's not the gushy someone is having an affair type.  Lots of early Scottish history, the land and the people.
     Does anyone else keep things (clothes) too long?  I'm guilty.  I find something I like and wear it a few times and then I'm almost attached to it because I keep it but I don't wear it anymore.  Anyway,  I loaded up about 40 blouses and T-shirts and took them to Hannah's yard sale.  Between the books and shirts, I had quite a load.  Also my coffee maker, mixer and bowls, and a  pancake cooker.   I feel renewed.  Ha ha ha

1 comment:

Kellie Roring said...

Good job Mom!!! If you havent used or worn it in a year then, chances are that you dont need it!! Throw it out.... or better yet sell it at a yard sale!! I love to think of my junk hanging around somebody elses place....suckers!!!!