Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Life

It seems like the last three years have been pretty tough.  I have so many blessings but occasionally I need to talk about the stuff that bums me out!  A few months ago I found another lump in my right breast.  I thought it was part of my rib cage, but I kept checking.  When I could get my fingers to feel around it and move it, I knew what it was.  Within a few weeks I had the lumpectomy.  All the reconstruction that I had done the last time I had cancer, I also had removed along with my other breast.  Three times in the same spot is too much for coincidence.  On December 30, 2011, I started chemotherapy.  I'm going to have my second chemo. treatment January 20th.  I haven't been sick or anything.  I did start loosing my hair last week so the day before yesterday I asked my youngest daughter Hannah if she would go ahead and shave my hair off.  At first she started to cry and I felt so badly for her, but I hugged her and told her it would be alright...then my husband Ed who was standing next to me put his hand through my hair and showed Hannah.  They were both surprised at how much hair came out without pulling.  Well, she did get her shears out and buzzed my head.  There was about 1/2 to 3/4 inch left.  It is mostly grey with some brown spots.  It doesn't look too bad.  Anyway it's OK with me and Ed which is all that matters.  This morning when I woke up there was a batch of small white hairs on my pillow.  Maybe I'll have her cut the rest off.  I have several scarves (really pretty ones) that I could use but tomorrow for church I plan on going without a hat or scarf.  I'm sure it won't be any worse or more scary as the first time I went back to church.

                                     Oh, by the way on January 12, 2012, this little sweet spirit came into this family.  Her mother Trielle  and her father Eli are both very happy she is here.   5 # 2oz. what a tiny little bundle of joy.                                 

Gia Dawn Whipple
Add caption

No comments: