Saturday, September 17, 2011

Imagination...what a gift!!!



     I was talking with my son this morning while we listened to the rain hitting on the roof.  Somehow we got on the subject of imagination.  While we were listening, my mind drifted off to a faraway place....a place I have never been, but the images in my mind were as vivid as this picture.  I thought of ancient walkways and dim passages.  If I closed my eyes I could hear the clip clop of a single horse and rider somewhere nearby.  Old oil lanterns, unable to light the cobblestone pathway, eerily lead shadows to dance in the doorways of little shops and alleyways.  Slowly I open my eyes, and I am left with a faint smile and secret longing of the place that I had visited not but just a moment ago.


image credit: Google photos

2 comments:

Kellie Roring said...

If you listen closely, you can hear me breathe. I am standing next to you on that cobblestone walkway.

kel

connie said...

Oh Kellie, how nice of you to remind me that you are always near. Thanks so much!